Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How can we join?

This past week, we were joined my ten students and staff involved in Campus Crusade for Christ at Miami University.  They spent their Spring Break bringing the Gospel to the campus of USP.  God did some amazing things through these ten faithful servants in just four days on campus.  They were able to share the Gospel with almost 120 students, forty of whom accepted Christ for the first time!  They were then able to schedule twenty-four follow up appointments to teach the basics of the Christian faith to these students.

The Spring Break team also lead the weekly Connexion meeting.  They advertised all week as they met with students.  We had over 130 students show up which was our largest meeting yet!  The bure (where we meet) was packed.  Ryan preached on how God loves them unconditionally and each student was able to hear the Gospel.  The team was only here for four days but definitely made an impact for eternity.

Allie sharing her testimony at Connexion
                                                
Ryan preaching on "God is Love"

Special Friendships made in just a few days

Our biggest Connexion yet!

There was a lot of buzz around campus with ten new white faces roaming around and talking to students.  I was hanging out near the cafeteria when I noticed three students looking at me.  I walked up, asked them if I could join them and struck up a conversation.  "How can we join?" was the first thing out of their mouths.  Taken aback, I told them they didn't have to join but just show up to see what we were all about.  I ended up spending about two hours with them, sharing the Gospel and talking about life.


Joe and Leps

It turns out that Joe and Leps (pictured above) were already Christians but had fallen away from their faith and were looking to get back on track.  They explained to me that right before they came up to the cafeteria, Joe was explaining to Leps that he wanted his life to change.  And it just so happens that I sat down at their table with the good news of Jesus Christ.  Coincidence?  I think not.  About a week has gone by and I've seen these guys almost everyday.  They have a desire to learn and grow and have a relationship with God.  I've only know them for a week now but God has put them on my heart like no one before in my life.  I'm praying that God would continue to reveal Himself to them and that they would continue to desire a relationship with Him.

God is on the move here in Fiji and at USP.  It's incredible to see Him work things together first hand.  We're so excited to have new students joining our movement as well as older students taking on leadership roles.  Students that have been taught, trained and equipped through Student Life are sharing their faith and discipling new believers.  Seeing them step out in faith and share the love of Christ with their classmates might be the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.


Student Leaders taking care of business

I hope that you are encouraged as your read about what's going on here in Fiji.  Thanks for taking an interest in what's going on in my ministry and please continue to pray that God would show up in amazing ways.  Thanks for all your love and support.  What happens here in Fiji wouldn't be possible with you.  God bless!








No comments:

Post a Comment