Monday, February 28, 2011

Colo-i-Suva Forest National Park

We had the opportunity to go see a National Park not far outside of Suva this weekend.  It was really cool to get out and explore nature here in Fiji.  The National Park was full of small waterfalls and pools.  We had a ton of fun trekking through the forest with a few Fijian students.

A cool little refreshment on a hot day in the forest


The park was full of small waterfalls and pools like this








The rocks were really slippery which made walking around pretty tough; my battle scar

There were a few lowers pools toward the bottom of the park.  The water was really cold but very refreshing after a long hike.  One of the pools had a rope swing that we thoroughly enjoyed.  The jump was probably thirty-five feet above the surface of the water.  The rope swung you over the middle of the pool where you let go and hit the water.


We had a lot of fun but I was a little distracted most of the day because I was waiting to hear about my new baby niece!  Thankfully, I was able to get cell phone service and my parents were sending me texts to update me on what was happening.  Ellie Grace Faust was born at seven pounds fifteen ounces and very healthy!  I've been living off lots of pictures since I can't be there to meet her.  If you haven't gotten to see her yet, I can tell you that she's beautiful!  It's bittersweet to be so far away for something so exciting.  But I find comfort in the fact that this is where God called me to be.  It'll make meeting Ellie for the very first time in November all that more exciting.

Lastly, I tried to upload a video to Facebook the other day.  The screen below is the response that I got.  Note the time remaining.  A good picture of the internet in Fiji.




No comments:

Post a Comment